Monday, February 13, 2012

Joy's creamy garlic soup with roasted potatoes

I remember when I first discovered that you can just eat garlic.

_IGP2931

It was in college.  (I learned a lot of things in college.)  My friend Peter gathered a few friends together and took us to a tapas restaurant in Old Pasadena.  One of the tapas was roasted garlic with crostini.  It was so simple.  So brilliant.  Why hadn't I thought of this myself?!  Until then, garlic had been a spice, one thinly sliced clove here, a few crushed there.  It seemed so indulgent to just eat it, straight up, by the head.

_IGP2938

I felt the same way when I discovered garlic soup.

And then there are the potatoes.  Have I mentioned my obsession with the purple ones?  I'm convinced they're better for you than the garden variety.  (To validate my claim, I did a little googling, and it seems they actually are.)

_IGP2936

I realize she's a baker, but in my mind, Joy's savory meals are where it's at.  At least until I'm ready for dessert.

_IGP2934

No comments:

Post a Comment