Friday, January 13, 2012

deb's carrot miso soup

_IGP2883

My obsession with our giant food processor continues.  With it, I made carrot soup with miso and sesame.  This was one of the easiest meals I have ever made, and had such a huge flavor payoff.  I can see it becoming an instant classic in my kitchen.

_IGP2876

And I barely chopped anything.  I sometimes dread the prepwork associated with a recipe like this.  Chopping onions makes me me cry. A lot. I have to leave the room after just a few seconds. And our knife situation is not ideal (although it is infinitely better thanks to Peter, who came to visit and saw me cooking and prepping everything with a paring knife). None of that matters now that I have my food processor.  It chopped the onion, garlic, and carrots in like, two seconds.  And I didn't bother to peel the carrots, I just washed them well.

_IGP2880

The one change I made to Deb's recipe was to add tahini, about a half cup, at the end when the miso is being mixed into the soup.  It was, after all the 'sesame' in the post's title that piqued my interest, and I was surprised to see it only as a garnish.  The toasted sesame oil was delicious on top, but if you're sesame obsessed like me and have a jar of tahini hanging out in your fridge, why not add some to the soup?

_IGP2884

Mine isn't as pretty because I forgot about the scallions.  But it was tasty and warm and the perfect thing to eat while watching a new episode of Shameless.

No comments:

Post a Comment